POWER BOOK: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
POWER BOOK is an Aspire blog that features a life changing book. Amanda Scott, an Aspire managing partner, has extensive leadership experience and in this blog features The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Thank you for sharing, Amanda!
- Wes Saade, M.D.
Unfortunately, bad habits are second nature to most.
In The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey, Stephen describes how to build good habits to become effective – BUT this journey has to start deep within oneself.
Why do we allow bad habits to overtake our lives?
The problem is that as human beings it takes less effort to live in the bad habits and too much work to create new ones.
I urge all of us today to start building new, good habits! The 7 Habits summarized below will give you a great road map. And I tell you, Stephen is right on!
If any of these habits grab you, read the book because once he starts breaking each of them down individually you will want to start living them daily.
- Be Proactive – We should take charge of our own lives.
- Begin with the end in mind – We become more effective if we are clear about where we are going.
- Put first things first – We should prioritize our lives.
- Think win-win – We should insist that in everything, we and others should win.
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood – We should first seek to understand where others are coming from.
- Synergize – Combine the efforts of people to produce a greater result.
- Sharpen the saw – Always renew ourselves so we can continue being effective.
What if you could incorporate these 7 Habits into your life daily? Can you only imagine how much more effective you could be?
Why take a backseat to effectiveness when you can be driving the bus?
If you want to be better and start turning bad habits into great habits and you have the character and determination to do it, then read The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and take control of your life.
Reading this book has given me a whole new perspective on life. These seven will not only help me personally, but will help within my career, family, household, and friends.
These 7 Habits are my new challenge, because I have the want within me to start living a more effective life.
Now I extend the challenge to you! Do you want to live a more effective life?
Read it, dissect it, digest it, and apply it!
PS – If you believe this blog may benefit someone you know, please consider sharing!